Apnea Alternatives: Our Dental Sleep SpecialistsDo you wake up feeling tired? Are you too sleepy during the day? Does your snoring wake others? Do you wake up gasping for air? These symptoms are typical for a person struggling with sleep apnea. Sleep apnea can severely harm your health and well-being. Apnea Alternatives can help. CPAP therapy is the primary treatment for sleep apnea, but it doesn't work for everyone. Do you have difficulty using the CPAP or want an alternative? An oral appliance can be a very effective treatment for sleep apnea and snoring. We work closely with your medical doctor, and are also one of the very few dentists in the area who accept medical insurance and Medicare. Call us today at 734-677-8700 to see how an oral appliance could work for you.
What You Need to Know About Sleep Apnea
Obstructive Sleep Apnea
What is Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)?
- High blood pressure and other cardiovascular disease
- Increased risk for heart attack / Afib
- Increased risk for stroke
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Depression and anxiety
- Weight gain
- Migraine headaches
- Mood swings
- Job impairment
- Acid reflux
- Bruxism (teeth grinding)
- Brain and cognitive changes
- Impotency and sexual dysfunction
What are the Treatments for Sleep Apnea?
How Apnea Alternatives Can Help
Oral Appliance Therapy
Do You Have a CPAP Intolerance?
- CPAP does not effectively resolve symptoms
- Unconscious need to remove the CPAP
- CPAP mask leaks or does not fit properly
- Headgear causes discomfort, claustrophobia, or restricts movements
- Disturbed sleep because the machine is too noisy or cumbersome
- Latex Allergy
- Personal preference for an alternative treatment
What is Oral Appliance Therapy?
How Long Will it Take to Get the Appliance?
Do You Take My Insurance?
Apnea Alternatives Appointments
What Are The Apnea Alternatives Hours?
What Should I Bring To My First Appointment?
- Drivers License or State ID
- Medical Insurance Card (including the policyholder’s date of birth)
- Medicare card and any supplemental policy cards (if applicable)
- Copy of your most recent sleep study or studies (these can also be faxed or emailed)
- Prescription for Oral Appliance Therapy (these can also be faxed or emailed)
- Physician Referral (these can also be faxed or emailed)
Monday: 7 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 8 AM - 8 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 8 PM
Thursday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 7 AM - 2 PM
Saturday: 8 - 12 PM
© Ann Arbor Smiles Dental Group 2019